Chocolate Cupcakes

Today I made some really chocolatey cupcakes whilst I had the house to myself. They were from a packet mix, so nothing too fancy, but they tasted delicious!

I used a packet mix from Morrisons, some Dr Oetker chocolate chips (because clearly there wasn't enough chocolate there already!) and a piping bag and nozzles (also Morrisons).

The cake mix was easy to make and only took about 15 minutes in the oven. I forgot to put in the chocolate chips until I had closed the oven door, so I took them back out again and sprinkled a few into each case and gave them a quick mix with a spoon. Back into the oven they went.

Here they are all iced and ready to be sprinkled with chocolate curls. The icing didn't make up properly when I followed the instructions on the packet. It said to just add 60g of softened butter to the icing sugar and mix until it was smooth, but it just created a breadcrumb consistency no matter how much I mixed. I ended up adding a little bit of water, which worked wonders.
This was my first time using a piping bag and I think I did a reasonable job with it. The icing was a little thick at first and wouldn't move through the nozzle, so I just took it out and mixed in a little more water, then it was fine.

Ta da!! Yummy chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate icing and sprinkled with chocolate curls. Currently residing in a cupcake carrier that I bought from Poundland. Not bad for a quid!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complete Cosplay

Captain America Cosplay Underskirt

Dyed Shoes