Viennese Biscuits

As I have mentioned previously, I have subscribed to Something Sweet magazine. Today I finally got around to making something using a recipe in one of the magazines. I decided to make some Viennese biscuits from issue 9 for a tea party that I am going to tomorrow.






I started by gathering all of the ingredients that I needed to make the biscuits.

Once I had mixed all of the ingredients, I spooned some of the mixture into my Something Sweet piping bottle and tried to pipe it out onto my baking tray. This was quite a difficult task due to the thickness of the mixture, but I got there in the end. Unfortunately this meant that the biscuits ended up being a little irregular in shape and a bit bigger than I intended, but I was just happy that I had finally managed to pipe them onto the tray!

The biscuits spread more than I expected in the oven.

Once the biscuits had cooled, I started to melt the chocolate. Seeing as I wanted to get a bit of use out of my magazines, I decided to have a go at tempering the chocolate using the guide in issue 1.

I dipped each end of the biscuits in the tempered chocolate.

Seeing as I had some melted chocolate left over, I made some large chocolate buttons too.

I have already had to stop people from eating the biscuits because I only made 12 and I want to be able to take them to the tea party tomorrow. I may make more if they go down well tomorrow, seeing as people have already asked me to save them some. 

Hopefully they taste as good as they look!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Book Haul

Something Sweet Magazine

Books for £1!