Sheffield Film and Comic Con - Cosplay Ideas

As soon as I found out that Sheffield was having a film and comic convention later this year I knew I wanted to enter the Masquerade.

I have been trying to come up with cosplay ideas and the one that I keep coming back to is a Captain America USO dancing girl.




There are a few different versions of the USO girls costumes - one basic (as above), 3 basic lead variants, a New York variant and 3 lead New York variants. The lead costumes have a blue and white striped skirt, rather than the red and white of the backing dancers. The New York versions have sparkly lapels or a sparkly bolero for the leads.

The version I want to make is the New York backing dancer version. 


This costume has a blue bodice, sparkly blue lapels with one silver star on each side, a matching sparkly blue hat with one silver star, a red and white skirt, red cummerbund, silver belt, silver shoes and white gloves.

There is a costume page and construction group on Facebook, which I have requested to join in the hope of getting a little insight into how other people have made this costume. 

I will be making the lapels detachable so that I can change them and wear the different versions of the costume in the future, but for now will only be making the sparkly New York costume. I will take pictures of the process and hopefully make a matching bag in which I can keep my camera etc at the convention.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complete Cosplay

Captain America Cosplay Underskirt

Grease Costumes