Colette Sorbetto Top

I have seen many versions of this top floating around various blogs and Pinterest, so I figured that it was about time that I gave it a go myself.

 



Before I started cutting fabric, I made a full bust adjustment based on this tutorial. A lot of other blogs recommend making this adjustment so I decided to give it a go. I have never made a FBA before, so this was a new experience for me. I cut a size 6 based on my high bust measurement. I think that the darts came out a little long and slightly high, but this is something that I can improve if I make this pattern again.

I also cut the top to the size 18 length as lots of other people said that it seems a little short at the pattern length. This was definitely useful, especially as I wanted to wear it tucked in, so the little bit of extra length meant that it didn't come untucked during the day - it did however make the top bunch up a little at the bottom of my back as it kind of sat on my bum rather than laying over it (another thing that I can adjust in a future version of the top.

I would like to make this top again as it is quite quick and simple to make and the shape makes it rather versatile. The simple shape also means that it is well suited to all sorts of different patterns and it can be adjusted to add sleeves, buttons or anything you can think of!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complete Cosplay

Captain America Cosplay Underskirt

My Booktober Fail and a Win!