Books for £1!

I have never thought to look at the books in Poundland before, as I always just assumed that there would be nothing interesting there, however when I had a little time to spare in town a couple of weeks ago, I went and had a bit of a look to pass the time.

I was not disappointed and ended up leaving with three new books!

17793097
RRP £6.99
 
How many lifetimes would you travel to find a love that lasts for ever?
When single career girl Jo-Jo steps onto a zebra crossing and gets hit by a car, she awakes to find herself in 1964. The fashion, the music, her job, even her romantic life: everything is different. And then it happens three more times, and Jo-Jo finds herself living a completely new life in the 1970s, 80s and 90s. The only people she can rely on are Harry and Ellie, two companions from 2013, and George, the owner of a second-hand record store.
If she's ever to return from her travels, Jo-Jo must work out why she's jumping through time like this. And if she does make it back, will her old life ever be the same again?
 
17924603
RRP £7.99
 
London, 1914. War looms, suffragettes are on the march and two young women at 35 Park Lane dream of breaking free. Below stairs, housemaid Grace Campbell is struggling. her family believe she is a secretary, and when asked to send home more money than she earns, Grace gets into trouble.
Meanwhile Miss Beatrice, daughter of the house, is fatigued with the social season. The call of Mrs Pankhurst's captivating world of militant suffragettes means Bea is soon playing a dangerous game that will throw her in the path of a man her mother wouldn't let through the front door.
Then war comes and it is not just their secrets - now on a collision course - that will change their lives for good.
 
1976
The last book is 'Den of Thieves' by Julia Golding.
RRP £8.99
 
Cat Royal finds herself homeless, travels to Paris, becomes an underground reporter, nearly gets hung for being a traitor to the revolution, and is baffled by attention from numerous suitors - all the while being disguised as a prissy ballerina! As the French Royal family flee, Cat discovers the power of the people.
 
Overall, I was impressed by the selection of books that I bought. I have looked again since and not found any more that caught my eye, the selection seems a little hit and miss, but I will definitely keep an eye out for any more bargains!
 
Poundland will by no means become my go to place for books, but I will definitely browse and see what treasures I can discover there in the future - especially seeing as I saved £20.97 overall off the RRP of the three books!
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complete Cosplay

Captain America Cosplay Underskirt

Dyed Shoes