Christmas Book Haul

This post is a bit late and for that I must apologise!

I want to share with you the selection of books that I got for Christmas, along with a sneaky little gift to myself that I picked up a few days ago.



I received a range of different kinds of books, all of which suit me rather well. Just goes to show how well my family all know me!



The first book was 'The Dinosaur that Pooped the Past' by Tom Fletcher and Dougie Poynter. I have their other Pooping Dinosaur books and  was more than happy to receive this one (even more so when I saw the Back to the Future reference in there!)


The next book is the Downton Abbey 'Rules for Household Staff'. This was on my Amazon wishlist and I look forward to having a read.


I also received '101 Things to do in War Time 1940' by Lillie B. and Arthur C. Horth. I enjoy books like this, which give us a bit of an insight into the past - especially seeing as most people nowadays spend the majority of their time playing on some gadget or another (myself included)!


'Mess: The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes' is one of a few books by Keri Smith which all have a similar theme. I hate to write in or deface books in any way, but these books are so much fun!



There have been a few modern adaptations of classics coming around recently and 'Northanger Abbey' by Val McDermid is another such book. I look forward to seeing this interpretation of the Austen novel.


'Geogiana Darcy's Diary' by Anna Elliott is a continuation of Georgiana's life after Pride and Prejudice. I downloaded a sample of this onto my Kindle ages ago and enjoyed it, so I can't wait to read the full book.


'Jane Austen's Little Instruction Book' is full of advice and quotes from Jane Austen's characters on all aspects of life. It is a lovely little book to just flick through when you have a spare moment and it has a lovely little ribbon bookmark so that you can highlight a favourite piece of advice.


'Jane Austen - Her Complete Novels in One Sitting' does exactly what it says on the tin (or cover in this case). It is a pocket sized version of all of her novels, along with character profiles and lovely little illustrations to accompany each story. Ideal for brushing up on your Austen knowledge if you don't have time to sit down and read a full novel (although, I would highly recommend that you do. They are wonderful).


'Tolkien, A Dictionary' by David Day was a little post-Christmas gift to myself. I saw it as I was browsing in Waterstone's and immediately decided that I needed to take it home with me. It is beautifully presented, with a soft leather cover (which I totally didn't stroke as I carried the book around the rest of Waterstone's. Nope, not at all...).

Lots more lovely books for me to read this year. Can't wait to get started!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complete Cosplay

Captain America Cosplay Underskirt

Books for £1!